Sunday, March 12, 2017

Rudy:...I'm laying low during the occupation...me and Anne Frank.....
Sidney:...Both my attic, and basement are available for those that need.

Rudy:...it could actually come to that...history does repeat itself......
Sidney:...I know. During the Crown Heights Riots years ago I took a Jewish pedestrian into my house. He had wandered into a hostile mob. Yes I'm Black.


Rudy:...You did wellllllll....Good for u!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sidney:...My family taught me well. I also was raised among Holocaust Survivors. So many of the adults of my childhood had those green sometimes blue numbers on the arms. The guy who ran the candy story where I bought comics the grocer on the corner, and the tailor that made my Confirmation suit. It's true my community has a anti-Jewish problem...still un-addressed. Homophobia, and sexism is also common. Being oppressed does not automatically may you a just people. One has to work at it like everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment