Tuesday, February 7, 2017


( The Following is an Uncle Sydney True Adventure!)

Hi all...just got home. A very very long night, and day. Cut to the chase it's as so many here said a "virus" from hell. That plus damage to my tummy...the opening to my stomach injured. No surgery needed...yet. Hey I'll take what I can get! The cherry on top are withdrawal symptoms from one of the powerful anti-depressants I take.

All that a head cold, and assorted bad vibes.
T
hank you all that urged me to call for help, and get to a hospital. If I had waited till Monday as planned the doc told me it would have been seriously worse.

Good bleeping grief!

I feel like I just fell off a mountain. No solid food or liquids for four daze. They said it'll take several daze to a week to recover just from that. The virus, and tummy damage longer. I'm home, but feel very very disoriented the works...

"Downton Abby" is on in background as I post...turns out "His Lordship" is in bed sick too. I guess this Virus thing is really getting around!

The crew from the EMT the folks that picked me up to the Orderlies Nurses, and Doctors were seriously swell people...over worked some clearly tired, but giving full service..Bless'em all <3!
EMT folks are always very good..kind thoughtful..they're first responder Angels.

The docs at "NY Methodist"...which was where they took me asked...all wanted to know where I was who I had contact with what I had eaten...trying to track down the source of all this. I disappointed them by say that since retirement I've become a mild or type three Shut-in.

Yeah there's types...I'm only "mildly" batty.

As for treatments they gave me the works. There wasn't no part unseen or untouched...been a long time since I had any action. Though I wish it were under happier circumstances. Again I have to say bless these folks they really wanted to know what the hell happened to me, and to fix me up as soon as possible.

I was in triage which means what it sounds like. It was like in war...the most serious cleaned out, and sewn up first.

When they got to me though it was like "Gang Busters!"

A saying from the early to mid-20th century originating from a cop's, and robbers radio show...I think on the "Blue Network" which later became "NBC". Google all that if ya like.

They filled me with IV fluids medications rolled me around all over the place to treatment room to room. However after a while let me rest which I so desperately needed. Like I sez my body feels like it fell off a mountain.
Still dizzy some aches disoriented.

Before I go I must say that my dear friend Deacon Thomas Tortorella <3
of the Catholic Church offered a unique kindness to me.

That is he offered to bring me "Holy Communion" the "Eucharist".

He's offered this kindness when I was very ill before. Oh my there's a thought for a character like me. I told him I was sorry for giving his religion such a hard time, but I thought that the "Big Guy" probably has a sense of humor about it. Also that my confession might take a while, and if there was a short form.

Still it makes me wonder, and meditate on the eternities, and how close we are to falling 'up' into it...as if we were separate from it...which we ain't.

There's more, but need to stop.

I read most of the posts you folks wrote...oh my!

I loves you 'all' too! <3!


eShow more reactions



Welcome back! Family and friends were praying for you! Glad you're alive!

Hey Uncle Sidney, what a phucquingue ordeal! So glad you’re home again and I hope you get better real fast cuz it gets dull sometimes without your creative stamp!

Welcome back Sidney: Yes!
Yes, not eating is one thing, but dehydration can become life-threatening rather quickly. I'm glad you're back and rehydrated (hopefully).
Avoid the drama of the ER next time with this: http://store.supernaturalsilver.com/super-natural-silver.../

Super Natural Silver store. Our Silver Sol products products are safe for children and adults - approved by…
store.supernaturalsilver.com

So glad you'll soon be on the mend!

Glad you are among the living.

Wow! I'm glad you got good care. That's not something to take for granted! Now get mended. I want to see more photos from your walks all over the city.

Oh my...take care &I heal deeply


Robert E ODonnell Glad you got inspected, injected and rejected from the good folks in the hospital, Sid. That was no time to be stubborn, you made the right call. Be well, compadre!

Great news.... good that you're back on your own turf.
Sidney Smith Thanks so much! ...still feel like hell, but I'm home, and on the slow mend. Fun fact..my insides make all sorts of weird noises now. it's adjusting after trauma i guess.

Record it... That radio station is always looking for new "thank you gifts"--I bet your intestinal rumbles probably make a lot more sense than... Say, Joy deGru or their latest nutcase, Barbara Hoeneger. Do your thing, Sidney... recover!

Barbara Bernstein-Perrucci Heal well, Sidney. Glad you didn't waste any more time.
Glad to know you're okay, Sidney. Feel better.!
Get well soon, Sidney. Much love to you.

I am in bed with a simple head cold. Christ, I could never write that much. Rick back from ER yesterday, Bronchitis. didn

didn/t stop him from dinner & the "Game"....Me??? I slept for 12 hours.. Will read the rest of your missive later.

Happy that you are home ...
Sidney Smith Thanks all...my so many. loves Rosemarie Dante Carolyn Chris Kate Barbara Robert Kristophe France Bruce Halo Dan Peter Pamela Andrea Stefanie Tom.....so many more. I loves ya all!
Sidney Smith Carolyn that's okay you don't have to read it all. I'm pitching it to Netflix. You can watch it at your leisure then. I want Whoppie Goldberg to play my part. Hope Rick is better...maybe we could match hospital war stories. I didn't even know the gam...See More

Hope you're feeling skippy again, soon, Sidney.
Sidney Smith Hi Kimberly! ...yes thank you...better. Keep playing the Music!

A piece of unsolicited advice: for healing the gut, ginger and cabbage juice are said to work wonders. (Make that sauerkraut, since you probably don't feel up to juicing a cabbage, and all the clean-up around that. Anyhow, fermentation provides probiot...See More
Sidney Smith Thank you Geneva. Yes I was thinking alone the lines you offer. Is spinach a reasonable kale substitute? Loves spinach...have to get some ginger...many say that helps. Thank you much!
Sidney Smith I'm so used to being a depressive isolated soul. However here are all of you giving me such authentic love, and care. What a dummy I am. Thinking I was destitute in loving companions, but finding I'm Zillionaire in affections.

I withdraw from friends when I'm not feeling well, because I can't keep up the effort of socializing. I don't like to invite people into a home that's too unkempt. Then some friends take offense that I'm not contacting them as often or replying as prom...See More
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment