Monday, April 3, 2017

"Dead at the Scene"

It seems a day of days. At least in this building. There was a murder here. An older woman killed by her grandson. Sounds the typical urban tragedy. Until it hits feet from you. The reasons are unclear. The details I'll spare you. They're bad. very bad. Much blood.

It's been some years since I've been this close to un-natural death. Not since my Houseless time. Of course the folks here are stunned. As am I. When this happens at close quarters the world stops. Being related or not it all stops.

That, and I had no idea it happened till I opened my door to go shopping, and found a sea of Blue before me.
Police everywhere canvassing all the neighbors. As it happens they were about to knock on my door as I opened it. I knew nothing, and they said nothing. This to not color anyone's story. They wanted fresh first hand information. Which I couldn't give them.

I went out the press was there. The local radio, and TV. I got my information from them. I ended up on Channel 12 the Brooklyn cable station. Basically giving an overview of the neighborhood's history. How it was the wild west during the crack war, and is now very quiet, and gentrifying.

So here we all are.

With an inexplicable tragedy. We have much to ponder, and now much to live with.


Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment